Friday, September 3, 2004

Project Secret Pal Inquisition

1.Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

Well, I'll take what I can get, but prefer natural fibers. Mind you, my fave yarn right now is a cheap cotton/acrylic blend (50/50) that is knitting up fabulously. Looking forward to trying the Noro silk garden.



2. Do you spin? Crochet?

No spin. No crochet.



3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

No allergies.



4. How long have you been knitting?

This time, since August 10, 2004. (I'm serious!!!!) Before that I had knit as a child and as a teen, then sporadically until about 12 years ago. I can't believe I gave up knitting for 12 years. What was I thinking?



5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Nope, but I'm gonna look into that right soon.



6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I like vanilla, and any fruity scent.



7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Hmm, define "sweet tooth". I only like chocolate of any type and anything that resembles shortbread.



8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I quilt, cross stitch, quilt, sew garments, quilt.



9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if you want to make her a CD)

My computer, my home stereo system and my portable stereo all play MP3, WAV and anything else that gets thrown at them. (Hubby is a consumer electronic gadget freak extraordinaire, as in, he is not allowed in Future Shop unsupervised.)



10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?

Purple is my fave, all shades, with reds a close second. My fall/winter wardrobe consists of black pants and black tops, with colourful blazers.



11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Two dogs, two cats, two finches, and one husband. No children (other than my husband).



12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

World peace, or at the very least, increased tolerance of each other.



13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

Still experimenting. Looking forward to trying silk blends, cashmere, or mohair. (I know, I know, I have champagne taste on a beer budget).



14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Haven't run across any yet.



15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Anything.



16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

So far, the booga bag.



17. What are you knitting right now?

(Deep breath in ) booga bag, Loretta Lynn poncho, Sitcom jacket, Sonnet sweater, Flower Basket Shawl, striped sweater (exhale).



18. What do you think about ponchos? (this is really a curiousity question for us)


I'm riding the trend baby!



19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

No preference. I have a pair of flexies, and love them!



20. How did you learn to knit?

Mommie taught me when I was very little/young. She is Dutch and taught me with a Dutch rhyme.



21. How old is your oldest UFO?

No UFO's, just WIP's.


Bonus Question: what is your favourite saying?

I love deadlines - especially the sound they make as they fly by!







1 comment:

  1. C'mon now, I think Inquisition is a bit harsh.
    ::thinks about it, puts irons away::
    Okay, well, maybe I can see your point.

    :)

    Bye!
    Your Secret Pal

    ReplyDelete