Monday, September 27, 2004

The Knit Gods are Angry

Posted by Hello





Sigh. The Flower Basket Shawl has been ripped from the needles. I got myself into a real mess, starting with an incorrect number of stitches for the pattern and ending with an even more incorrect number of stitches, a knot and some funky twisted stitches in the middle of a tinked back row. Of course, I was working without a life line (just 3 more rows to finish a pattern repeat, then I was going to put in a life line. Sigh.) Whatever I did to deserve this, I'm sorry.

Will do my time in purgatory by continuing to knit the (seemingly) endless Loretta Lynn poncho or the kindergarten level French Market Bag. When the Gods' attention is diverted I will try the FBS again. As you are my witnesses - that is my solemn vow.


4 comments:

  1. I'm terribly sorry about your FBS. I will have a moment of silence for it this evening.

    Alyx
    http://stringtheoryfiberarts.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer. Sorry to hear of FBS's untimely, yet most deserved, demise. The next go will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about FBS! Hope the gods attentions are diverted soon... -Kae

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that pattern just a stinker to do....and it really shouldn't be. I thought I'd wear the yarn out before I got passed the first repeat.
    Hang in there.... :)

    ReplyDelete