Friday, July 24, 2009

Swap Profile

Hi everyone,
Quilt swaps are a lot of fun but the process can be frustrating if the partner you are given is too mysterious. When I am trying to decide on a project for a partner I like lots of information about likes and dislikes to help me choose.

So, in the interests of being a good swap partner, here is a bunch of information about me.

I am:
Canadian, middle aged, divorced, employed full-time, child free by choice, companion to 2 small dogs and a young cat, home owner, introvert, Apple fan girl

I can:
quilt, knit, crochet, embroider, needlepoint, rug hook, sew clothes, teach others how to use computers

Some examples of styles I like
:
can be found at my Flickr favorites page and I am currently in love with all things Shabby Chic and the fresh modern quilt styles. My most favourite blogger right now is
Oh, Fransson!

I really enjoy:
needlework of any kind, reading, listening to music


I dislike:
cooking


I will not:
garden

I try to avoid:
controversy, driving after dark

I have the following types of stashes:
fabric, yarn, quilting thread, beads, scrap book paper, coloured pencils and crayons. O.K., I admit it, I adore sparkly, shiny, colourful, pretty things. I must have been a dragon in a prior life!

I read:
science fiction and fantasy such as William Gibson, Neal Stephenson, Neil Gaiman, Cathryanne Valente, Cory Doctorow, Anne McCaffery (love those dragons!)

My guilty pleasure
s:
Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series, Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series, chocolate

I am currently listening to:
The Lord of the Rings soundtrack, Otis Turner, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Abney Park, Rasputina, The Penguin Cafe Orchestra

I would love to have:
any fabric by Kafe Fassett, Amy Butler, Lizzy House, or any of the other currently popular designers. Where I live the quilt shops are a year or two behind the trends. I could order on line but I hate to pay for shipping.

Items I would love to have but will never get around to making for myself:
quilted purse;
iPhone cozy;
placemats.

Whew! I think that's enough about me. See you around the blogosphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment