Saturday, April 2, 2005

Clapotis - the slim version

Posted by Hello


The yarn I used is Phoenix soy silk from South West Trading Company in the colour called I Candy. This yarn is fabulous to work with. It is very easy on the hands and the colours are vibrant. It is a ribbon yarn, so when I was using it I felt like I was knitting with shoelaces, but in a good way :) The stitches dropped with ease. My scarf drapes beautifully. I only had two skeins of the Phoenix, so i made Clapotis slimmer than the pattern, but I love it anyway.

Posted by Hello

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I found my way here thru the ROAK ring (newbie there) Wanted to tell you how great I think your projects are!

    It's good to have blogs to check out for inspiration, and reinforcement that with time and practice, amazing things CAN be made =)

    Anyway, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that does look nice! I am planning to do the same thing - have my two balls of soy silk already too. How many increase and straight section repeats did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, very pretty. I love the color pattern you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! I was going to buy some of the soy at the TGKA convention, when I saw it listed for $6 a skein. But then the next day when I went back to look at it again I saw a different price, $14! I wonder if I had misread it the first time. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very funny.
    I check on you constantly, and no updates. Then I stop, and you post up a storm.
    Nice Clapotis!
    I'm plotting a second one. It's such an addictive pattern.

    ReplyDelete